Wednesday, June 1, 2016

'Wandering Son' Commentary

Hourou Musuko (Wandering Son)
Wandering Sons
Ep 1
There are so many characters. It's hard to keep track of them all. Plus, it's hard to determine the main characters from the other people.
Plus, does anyone else notice that Nitori's (I think that who she is) friend is SUPER accepting of this. Which I adore.
Whoa Being called sick because you don't fit in with your body? Wow. Harsh.
Oh my gosh. Nitori's cries are so funny. They're more like hiccups. Haha.
Goddamn. I ship these two so much.
I can't tell if that was breaking the fourth wall or not.

Ep 2
So...there's Nitori...Takatsuki...and someone else. Okay...
Or she did notice. And she didn't say a word.
Sarashina doesn't seem like a first year middle schooler.
Geez. All these guys are STICKS. They have no muscles. Or anything.
We keep jumping back and forth. I'm lost.
I'm really lost on this plot…

Ep 3
There's something petty about these kids.
Chiba better shut the fuck up. She's making me so mad.
Child modeling is actually creepy.
This school must be really liberal if they have a genderbender play. Just saying. A whole bunch of schools I know would reject that idea.
Oh my god. These two...the feels...
Even I don't want to  wear a bra. Geez.
Shouldn't they tell the teacher that Nitori wants to write the play?
"Before I forget, I love you. Sorry. That just slipped out."
Nitori's sister has a boyfriend.
They act like they have no clue about puberty. Think about it, guys.
I'm still so confused about this plot. It feels like a lot of nothing.
Takatsuki has no chest.
That is bad manufacturing if you can see bra lines under the shirt. Think about it.

Ep 4
Okay. Dude. You're a FRESHMAN in MIDDLE SCHOOL. What  chest?
Plus, child, she's standing right next to you.
Chiba reacts so negatively when Nitori ignores her.
Anna-chan is a dick to Nitori.
Why was this lady bullied as a kid?
I called Sarashina "an oppressive force of awesome."
I doubt bras work if you have nothing. Think about it.
Is Chiba implying marriage? MARRIAGE TO NITORI? THEY'RE YOUNG.
Wait what? Becoming a girl is as possible as believing it. And that's it.

Ep 5
Why is a hat embarrassing?
Thinking about summer makes me want to crawl in a hole. An AC powered hole.
Are we pulling the religious card?
That awkward transition between the outing and Nitori and Sarashina talking. It just LEAPED to the other side.
SICK? SICK? you're sick, disgusting human.
The animation for the sparklers is amazing.
You literally draw for roles. It's the worst way possible.
God. Chiba is like me if I spoke my mind.

Ep 6
Who is this?
With this show, I'm not sure to call someone a guy or a girl...so I refer to them by their names.
Mako is so cute.
CHICKEN SUIT.
Amateur? Wow. That's rude.
Are models really that popular?
Fill out the card? WHAT. What does this even mean?
You were locked up in every place. Think about it.
Haha. Wearing a suit is the only thing that seems out of place.
When is your play? Shouldn't you be preparing for that?
Konjac? What is that?
Even Sarashina recognized Maiko.
Yuki-san? Who are you? Please explain who they are.
Mako looks great!
And I doubt  this many people would show up for this.
AW. Narrators should sit! Sit, Nitori!
Man. Isn't this tense? I'd hate do be on this big stage and act.
They're waiting, Mako! Give them the works.
The sensei got really into it.
The crowd looks so confused. I love it!
Do Momo and Sarashina live together or something?
I love that we can see the parents.

Ep 7
The rubber pencil thing has never worked with me.
Oh man. Puberty. Pimples. Sigh... I have one now. It's under my lip.
Being a teen sucks.
Seeing a doctor for pimples? Uh...never heard of it.
WHAT? No. Not Anna and Nitori. NO. MY SHIP. MY SHIP.
How old are these people? GEEZ. Maiko and Anna.
If Anna is this popular a model, why don't people know? It should be in the gossip mags.
But fascination doesn't mean love or anything.
Nitori said she wears girl clothing at home. WHEN have we seen that? Never!
Takatsuki looks duped. Like she never knew.
By gaining Anna, you lost Takatsuki. In a way.
As I see it, Takatsuki and Chiba are FOIL characters. One is antisocial. One is more friendly. They have varying hair lengths too. But the same hair color.

Ep 8
Mako, the legalities of liking a teacher...think.
Why should Anna care? SERIOUSLY.
I agree with Yuki. I ship Takatsuki and Nitori.
Didn't Anna call him sick before?
This also implies that Anna isn't straight. Just saying.
Doi's art looks weird. Really.
Takatsuki has GROWN.
Orange lips? That's not natural.
I like Nitori in her wig better.
I mildly ship Takatsuki and Chiba. They're becoming good friends.
This is an awkward situation. Four people. Two who have requited love. Two who don't.
I love that the karoke guy just kept walking. Haha.
Also, shouldn't karoke rooms be sound proof?

Ep 9
Yes! Takatsuki!
Ribbons? Ties? That makes nosense.
Mako makes it sound like there's going to be some cheating involved.
Wow. Great. Closed doors...
So this show is basically a whole bunch of sexually or gender unsure kids. In one school.
Stop comparing yourself to Takatsuki, Nitori.
How do two black haired people have two brown hair people?
If this Kaneda guy is a teacher, why doesn't he wear something more professional?

Ep 10
Maho is so rude...
I kinda love how Sarashian talks. She speaks with her head back. It's awesome.
It's not your fault, Nitori. It's everyone else's. Don't blame yourself. They're ignorant pigs.
How many people did they send? Geez...three?
Maho looks like a little dumpling under the sheets.
Can I just high five their faces...with my fist?
Your reminder that these characters are still in MIDDLE SCHOOL. Sex should NOT be on their minds.
Why can't you all go at once?
I really hate Momo right now. She's Chi's friend, but she's attacking Takatsuki.

Ep 11
Who says you aren't? WHO SAYS.
This kid has skipped out on a lot of classes. How in the world will he catch up?
Takatsuki has to have missed a lot of basketbal practice.
Nitori is part of the drama club. She likes this stuff anyways.
How they drop their studies for the festival? I can't tell...or do they set up their desks every day? Yikes...
If you look at this show, there are a lot of relationships in middle school. It makes no sense! You kids have school. And club. Focus on that. Not dating.
We finally see Yuki's story. And, man, isn't it sad?

Shii and Yuki's story is so sweet. I was about to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment